Translate

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Reading or not reading

I have a copy of "A Century of Great Western Stories, An Anthology of Western Fiction," edited and introduced by John Jakes, which has been lying around since the summer untouched. It has an excellent selection of authors from Max Brand to John Jakes, including Ernest Haycox, Elmer Kelton, Luke Short, Zane Grey, etc., and I plan to start reading it one of these first days.

I plan to enter a short-story contest soon. I have it already to go, since it is a chapter out of another novel I'm working on in the rewrite phase. Don't know what I'm waiting for, maybe a new idea from up above that would make it better.

Having done that before, wait awhile before submitting, I never get a story in on time or never get it sent, although one got passed that phase and actually reached its destination on time, but I'm sorry to say it didn't even win an honorable mention. The judges must not have read it or they didn't like my version of "poetry" that was in it. So, I guess I'll try again. I'll send that one to another contest one of these days. Right now, I'm just thinking about it and waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment