Translate

Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Acquisitions

For Christmas I received from Santa the following books:

Black Power, White Smoke by Loren D. Estleman
Can-cans, Cats & Cities of Ash by Mark Twain
Sea of Glory - America's Voyage of Discovery - The U. S. Exploring Expedition 1838-1842    by Nathaniel Philbrick
Daring Young Men - The Heroism and Triumph of the Berlin Airlift June 1948-May 1949 by Richard Reeves
The Wild Breed by Frank Leslie
Echoes of a Dead Man by Terry James (it's coming on the slow boat)
The Man from Shenandoah by Marsha Ward
Monuments - America's History in Art and Memory by Judith Dupre
Life's Platinum Anniversary Collection -- 70 Years of Extraordinary Photography

All I have to do now is find time to read them on top of all the other ones waiting.

8 comments:

  1. Lots of good stuff there, Oscar, Loren D. Estleman always delivers and Twain, of course, is classic. I'm reading the autobio of Twain now and would recommend it without reservation.

    No ROUND ONE on your wish list? (Yes, I'm picking again.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, Round One is #1. I thought my wife ordered a copy. AFter the New Year begins, I will certainly get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did pretty well there. The book Santa almost completely passed me by this year. I did get one excellent book of essays about and photos of northern New Mexico, WINDOW OF HEAVEN. Read it already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a coffee table book? Sounds interesting. I won two of Dusty Richards' books on Jan Morrill's blog, Writing the West (a signed copy) and Sunset Chaser. Maybe I'll learn something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is SunDOWN Chaser, not SunSET Chaser. I knew I should've checked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection of books there, Oscar. How nice to see one of mine included. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete