Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Some pondering on humor

There won't be a blog next Wed or Thurs, and maybe Sun, due to other commitments.

It's time for some light-hearted pondering, so start pondering:

A bus station is where a bus stops. A tain sation is where a train stops. What happens at my work station?

Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?

If Fedex and UPS were to merge, should they call it FEDUP?

Does fuzzy logic tickle?

Oh, Stop! Stop it! I can't see for the tears in my eyes? Humor is in the eye of the thinker. I've composed humorous items one day and the next didn't think they were at all funny. I try to incorporate some humor in everything I write, sometimes subtle and sometimes overt. Whether the reader catches it or thinks it funny, doesn't really matter as long as the story goes forward and meets my very liberal standards. There doesn't seem to be too much room in a western novel for much humor in order to maintain the serious aspect of the whole thing. But in my estimation, there is always room for a little of it to add a little spice to the piece.

Sometimes it's just accidental and not meant to come out that way, even I don't catch it until I've read it over once or twice. If I like it, I don't change it.

There "ain't" enough humor in these bleak times, with the expectation of unemployment hanging over everyone's head. There have been several or many times over the years that I wished I had been fired from a particular job, but I was too stubborn to quit and look for something else to do, since my bank account hung near zero all the time. I put up with a lot of unnecesary crap in order to draw the next paycheck, like many unhappy people, but all in all, I guess it wasn't too bad.

Some people just have no sense of humor and don't like it at all. It would give them a heart attack to laugh at a joke, if they even caught it.

No comments:

Post a Comment