Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lost Time/Update

Rats! Thursday and Friday I shut down the computer after an early morning check. Our power company is in the process of switching electric meters to digital and left a notice on the gate to turn off all sensitive electrical equipment. Of course, they didn't tell us what time they'd be by, and they didn't show up until about 3 PM on Friday. So, two days of non-, or vey little, production. It wasn't like the world hinged on my producing 20,000 more words to add to the collection, but I did have a couple things I wanted to finish up. Such is life.

I did have a good first part of the week, though, finishing with The Bloody Gulch. Yup, it's ready to send off, but will hold on to it for another couple weeks or more. I would like to know if The Upamona Gold Claim Wrangle is going to be published or, heaven forbid, rejected after eight months of reviewing. With the turmoil in publishing that was a follow-on to the recession, I don't mind cutting them a little slack, but I hope they get around to a decision before I kick the bucket.

I plan to take up Moonlight Mesa's offer of a 25% discount on any book they are selling at certain events here in Arizona. Their blog can be found on the right side of this page, as I am a follower and enjoy reading about the progress of Moonlight Mesa Publishing.

 I'm working on a humorous (I use that word loosely) short story of some events in my great-great-grandfather's life. When I submitted Working with the Pawnees and Otos to thewesternonline.com (an e-zine dedicated to the old west, check it out), I thought that would be it, but I have decided to continue along with it and see how it turns out.

I finished reading Resolution by Robert B. Parker and found it entertaining. The Hitch-Cole duo makes for an enjoyable read. Pick up a copy, if you haven't already. I started on The Hour of the Gun, the aftermath of the shootout at the OK Corral and the Ike Clanton carryover. It was written by Robert Krepps and copyrighted in 1967. It's the Fawcett Gold Medal Edition and promotes the movie with James Garner, Jason Robards, and Robert Ryan on the front and back covers. I saw the movie, but so long ago I don't remember much about it other than I had seen better.

3 comments: