Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Good Reading

I have on my PC-Kindle the following books and stories I haven't had a chance to get to due to other goings on:

Aesop's Fables
Escape to the Country by Patsy Collins (now Davis)
HALLAM (Lucas Hallam) by Livia J. and L. J. Washburn
Hangrope Law (Rancho Diablo) by Colby Jackson
The Long Black Train by Heath Lowrance
Nibbles of Nonsense Hilarious Comic Verse  by John Howard Reid
Outlaw by Matthew Pizzolato
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Shut Mouth Society by James D. Best
The Silver Canyon/A Tale of the Western Plains by George Manville Fenn
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

It seems like every time I get time set aside to read one of these, something happens to send me off on a different tack. One of these days I'm going to grab the bull by the horns and just dive right in. When I add these items to the books in my To-Be-Read box, though, I don't know where to begin. I like reading a physical book better than reading a technological device. There is something about the real thing that the machines don't have. My Nook Color sits idle by my chair with a dead battery. I could recharge it but I'm afraid it will run down without even a look on Facebook or at the reading I have on it. I guess I'll just try to finish up my current reading before I begin something else. There's always tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Oscar, that's a fine reading list. I like the prospect of reading THE SILVER CANYON: A TALE OF THE WESTERN PLAINS by George Manville Fenn. I read a few of his books a long time ago. There is no end to the number of books he has written, it's almost as if all he did with his life was write books. I don't know if I'd be comfortable reading the classics (or big books) on an e-reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the day when I can read Mr. Fenn's book and I'll check him out for others.

      Delete
  2. Long Black Train and Hangrope Law are quite good. Very different kinds of westerns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to http://www.houstonawknight.blogspot.com/ You'll be as shocked as I was to see the real ending to the Valance story!

    Havens

    ReplyDelete