Translate

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Health, Wealth, Whatever

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

I received a note from my eye doctor telling me that I have glaucoma and enclosed a prescription for Xalatan. The Doc also said, if I use the eyedrops, my eyes should be just fine for the rest of my lifetime. I didn't know whether to take that as good news or bad. Either I'm at the edge of dying or the product is so great it will ensure the use of my eyes for a long time. Either way, I decided I better use it, so added it to my active collection in the medicine cabinet. Woops! I looked at it again and read the literature from the pharmacist on How to Use, Store, etc., and it told me not to store it in a bathroom, but in a cool, dark place. I promptly stuffed it in a dresser drawer where I could get at it easy enough in the dark in case I had to for some reason.


I don't plan to make a bundle of money writing western stories, I'm doing it since I think there is something to be written, which is why I write, not overtly expressed but underlying some of the text, something like an inside joke that isn't a joke, but a few people will understand. There is more to it than just putting it down on paper, since it's all made out of whole cloth anyway. As to the money aspect, it would be nice to have a little more, especially with the looming costs of medical services that seem to hit all of us. It is like hoping to win the lottery, only on a much smaller scale.

And speaking of money, I think I should get a little bit of the stimulus package, say enough to build me vacation house in Hawaii and vacation travel several times a year. It was announced on TV that one of the Congressmen's brothers is getting TWO BILLION DOLLARS. I should have ran for Congress. It seems like a lot of them run poor and retire rich. One Congressman took the job with a net worth of a little over a million and eight or twelve years later, quit with a net worth of over six million, that's pretty a fair wage, or was it just inflation? Ha, ha, ha.


Attended a b-day party Sunday, 22 attendees, at a local restaurant that we have never tried, being a fairly new establishment of four or five years. Can't say much for the atmosphere inside, but they had activites outside, patios, volleyball, bean bag toss, horseshoes, twiddly-winks, and such. The food was good? The prices were too high? But everybody seemed to have a good time, and I guess that's the main thing. Personally, I don't plan to go back, since it's more of a drinking establishment than eating, and these days, I'm more into eating. A happy stomach is a contented stomach.

1 comment: