Translate

Thursday, September 15, 2016

I Hate Formatting

That's right, I do hate formatting. I'm trying to format my short story collection so it looks nice and professional, but I'm having a heckuva time of it. I set the page numbering system, but it numbered everything, even the cover. So, what now? I deleted it and went to the design and layout pages and I did get the right numbers on the stories, but trying to number the metadata alphabetically, I haven't figured out yet. And there's more, like setting the fonts and spacing between stories on an already formatted page isn't working out too good. I will probably start all over and read the instructions again.

I want to get this collection out soon on Amazon and other sites without hiring someone to do it. That costs money!! And I don't have it right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. If it wasn't for these sites letting you post your stories and novels for free, it would be a hard deal to self-publish in my case. I think it's about the best thing since sliced bread, as they say, and there are some great stories and novels self-published by some authors.

I expect the book, Western Stories, A Short Story Collection, will be forthcoming before too long and I will be glad that it is finished and on the market for everybody to read.

4 comments:

  1. So do I, Oscar. For instance, the only thing I know about MS Office is opening and saving Word document and Excel sheet, and that just about serves my purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and if yhou need to know anything else, you have to go looking. Takes up time.

      Delete
  2. Formatting is definitely a pain. And harder for me since Create Space now wants PDF stuff and I don't have a good PDF program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's whee I am, Charles, and I have a hard time getting pages filled up due to paragraphing. It's a pain. I haven't ran into the PDF problem yet.

      Delete