I sure seems like a long time since we stood before the preacher and he pronounced us man and wife. Well, it is a long time, say 43 years of married bliss (tsk, tsk), many miles we've traveled together and many exciting times have passed down the drain of life.
My Rules for a Long and Happy Marriage:
1. The husband is never right and concedes every time.
2. The wife is NEVER wrong. As long as she thinks that, everything is calm.
3. Back seat driving is just fine, as long as the husband says: It's that way, all right, and continues to the destination.
4. Never criticize your wife's cooking.
5. Never complain about her shopping. It's a necessary outlet to relieve the stress of being wrong.
6. Never mention money or overspending and always suggest she put the money in her account.
7. Always suggest going out for dinner. She will get tired of restaurant food and start cooking again.
8. Don't forget to tell her she looks pretty in her new dress, even though it might be a little off kilter.
9. Her relatives are just fine to visit over Christmas while the man's are never going to step foot in this house.
10. Don't forget, she is NEVER wrong.