Translate

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Welcome/Old Books

A warm welcome to Keith and my Greek or Russian follower. I apologize for not being able to understand the language his name is shown in, but I thank him for reading my blog.  

Was just thumbing through Huxford's Old Book Value Guide, 8th ed., and noticed that Zane Grey's fishing books are rather high, like for instance, Tales of the Angler's Eldorado, New Zealand, 1926, lst edition was listed for $1,250. Some others are listed for $400 to $650. The highest Western was Shadow on the Trail, 1948, Harper, lst. Ed., listed for $125.

I wonder if my books will ever reach that peak. Nah, not unless I raise the price.

6 comments:

  1. I'd almost forgotten that Zane Grey had written fishing books. I remember reading about this at some point in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you like them and make comments.

      Delete
  3. Grey was a prolific writer and a sportsman. Fishing books don't surprise me...What these wild price tags mean, I don't know. You find them on many OOP books. Are they saying "make me an offer?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not an offer, it means that someone has paid that price and is a guide on pricing to purchasers on what you can expect to pay in a retail or used book store. Something to haggle over.

    ReplyDelete