Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mail Jackpot

Saturday was a good day for the mail in that I received the first two issues of American Cowboy mag, an issue of Writer's Digest (probably the last), and a surprise, a Special Edition of Phoenix mag - Wild West edition.

Phoenix Magazine, Special Edition has some great old photos and has articles on early Phoenix, Tombstone (of course), Prescott, Mining, Women, Guns, Pioneering, and the Indians (Cochise, Geronimo) and will be a handy quick-reference guide.

I recently bought a subscription to American Cowboy to help out my great-grandsons' school and received the first two issues of my subscription on the same day.. They have info on the rodeo circuit and riders among other things. One of the other things was an article on the cattle ranches in Hawaii. I was stationed in Pearl Harbor in the early '50's and knew there were cattle, but this article gives some in-depth info on the whole cattle business along with some history. There is only one ranch that has accommodations for overnight guests and you can arrange a nice visit the next time you go to Hawaii. Other ranches will show you around but you have to stay somewhere else. I think I will enjoy this magazine.

And the Writer's Digest was delivered Saturday, too, which always has something of interest if I have enough time to read it.

So, Saturday was a jackpot mail day. If could just win the Lottery it would be better though. 

4 comments:

  1. I used to get and peruse Writer's digest all the time but eventually couldn't keep up and found myself getting it and having no time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's my problem. Too far down on the list.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I need 'em like another hole in me head. Too many doughnuts and not enough time to eat 'em.

      Delete