Translate

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Great news, well, almost

"I joined a health club last year, spent about four hundred bucks, haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there." (From E-mail)



Well, well, well, some good news and maybe some bad. The query to a publisher with "The Upamona Gold Claim Wrangle" (three chapters and a synopsis) has resulted in them asking for the complete manuscript, which will be sent off today. This happened once before on another novel and it was finally rejected. But it is exciting and encouraging to have them ask for the complete job, though. Maybe this time it'll be accepted for pub, but I won't know for up to eight or ten months, maybe. Oh, the agony of waiting! This novel has been a lot of work, what with all the rewriting, editing, etc., and I haven't been able to get on to something new. Will keep my fingers crossed.

To celebrate the occasion, I added some apple juice to the cranberry juice this morning. Whewee! Zing! Zing! Zing!

I have a sequel already written to the "Upamona" story. All it requires is some re-reading, editing, changing, adding and stuff like that. No problem. Personally, I think it is better than the first one, and it is dying to be published. Stay tuned.

1 comment: