Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blogging posts/PC's

"I have to walk early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing." (E-mail.)

You may have missed some of the blogs due to my error or misunderstanding or whatever. The ones I recently posted were shown in order of the date they were actually written, not when they were posted. While on "vacation" I wrote some blogs to be ahead of the game, so they have been posted in order of date written. You may want to review the last month or so to make sure you've read them all. That's what I get for thinking ahead.

When I purchased this computer (it's a Compaq Presario by HP) it came with a bundle of instructions, which they all do. But how would I know, having only had one other type, an E-Machine. I had an E-Machine for a few years, buying it on sale, and I thought it was a very good machine once I got the bugs worked out and I learned how to use it. This one would've been another one, but it just didn't have all the capacity I thought I wanted from the model that was on sale, ergo, the Compaq.

But the point I'm eventually getting to, is the information that comes with them. I'm finding out more things with the Compaq as I go along, but I haven't read or understood all the little details that it has. In fact, I don't even know what some of the slots on front are for, like Smart Media/ xD or SD/Mini MMC/RS/Plus/Mobile, never having need for them. I'm sure it'll cook an egg if I knew how to load it. I find alot of this technical jargon and equipment beyond the everyday needs of anybody I know. One of these days I'll settle down and take the bull by the tail and just learn all this stuff.

My granddaughter was showing me her new Blackberry device and she explained it to me, but most of it went right over my head. It'll do about anthing except print, but I imagine you can hook it up to something and it'll even do that. Talk about being born too late!

1 comment: