Translate

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Not much time

Yesterday, I attended a kindergarten Thanksgiving Day program, which I thought was entertaining, comical, and worth the time. I thought the audience went a little overboard when the curtains were pulled apart with all the ohs, ahs, clapping and "There he/she is, right there in the front row/back row, middle, left side, over there, ain't she/he cute, like they hadn't seen their kids/grandkids for a whole hour-and-a-half when they dropped them off, and the cameras snapping photos and videos of the kids in costumes. The whole production lasted at least 20-25 minutes with a lot of clapping, laughing, and the kids struggling to be on cue for their big moment in the limelight. The curtain came down and the on-lookers hung around gabbing about how good their off-spring looked and did for at least twenty seconds before filing out and back to work.

Of course, this has nothing to do with my main subject, but I was working on one of my novels to polish off and send away to the great publisher in the sky and I don't seem to be spending as much time as I need to prevent another rejection due to all the interruptions and etc. I've finished reading Lee Wells "Tarnished Star", Nelson Nye's "Hideout Mountain", both published in the 50's or 60's, and am reading the new one of D. B. Newton, "Disaster Creek". Am enjoying/enjoyed all three and trying to absorb the different approaches and nuances they use to tell the story, hoping some of it will rub off in better writing of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment