Translate

Monday, December 1, 2008

Short

This will be a short one because of other things to do.

My education is lacking in comparison to a number of well-educated people. I don't have a PH.D. nor an M.A., nor even a B.A. of some kind or other, but I did finish H.S. and attended a U. for a short while, long enough to know at the time that I would never finish it the way I was going. So I rejoined the Navy and saw the world, at least quite a bit of it and gained experience and furthered my edu informally and occasionally formally. With no regrets, I might add. Well, maybe one regret.

At times, it seems, I do have a side of me that deserves a B.S. in B.S.-ing, but I'm not even good at that. I just naturally tell the truth as I see it, in most cases. Others may view it a little differently, though. But at this stage, who cares?

I am finding out at least one thing about writing, and that is, to throw your goals and dreams out the door and start all over. You have to clear the slate of all the thoughts that started you in this line of endeavor, rethink it, and rewrite, rewrite, rewrite, and reset your goals to one step at a time. Not everyone sees the world as you do, and you have to write in a way that will win 'em over. And good luck!

1 comment: