Translate

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Reading

I guess I'll continue with more books on the shelf:

59. Civilisation by Kenneth Clark (This was a book club edition as I remember)

60. Mason & Dixon by Thomas Pynchon (I read his "V" a few years ago and liked it so I picked this one up. It's a little far out in some parts, but explains the Line fine.)

61. Will Rogers, The Man And His Time by Richard M. Ketchum

62. The Day The Cowboys Quit by Elmer Kelton

63. The No Spin Zone by Bill O'Reilly (I forgot I had this. Haven't read it yet, but I've been reading his "Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity".)

64. Stars in the Water, The Story Of The Erie Canal, by George E. Condon

65. Across The Wide Missouri by Bernard DeVoto

66. I Married Wyatt Earp, The Recollections of Josephine Sarah Marcus Earp, collected and edited by Glenn G. Boyer

67. Prisons of the Mind by Kaziah May Hancock (This is autobiographical of a polygamist's wife.)

68. Wild Bill Sullivan, King of the Hollow, by Ann R. Hammons

69. The Virginian Exiles by Elizabeth Gray Vining

70. Polecat Bench by Allen G. Richardson

71. Hoofprints on Forest Ranges by Paul H. Roberts

72. A Treasury of Mississippi Folklore, Edited by B. A. Botkin

73. The Journals of Lewis And Clark, Edited by Bernard DeVoto

74. Roy Bean, Law West Of The Pecos, by C. L. Sonnichsen

75. They Broke The Prairie by Earnest Elmo Calkins

76. On The Border With Crook by John G. Bourke

77. My Sixty Years On The Plains by William Thomas Hamilton

78. Mountains And Molehills by Frank Maryat

79. Captivity Of The Oatman Girls by Royal R. Stratton

80. The Adventures of Big-Foot Wallace by John C. Duval

81. "Uncle Dick" Wootton by Harold L. Conard

Numbers 76 through 81 are part of the Classics of Old West series of Time-Life Books.

I don't recall the details of some of these, but, I'll tell you, there's a bunch of good reading right there, mostly non-fiction, covering a lot of territory from the Erie Canal to the Mexican border and the West coast of Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment