Translate

Sunday, November 17, 2013

This 'n That

I just ran a check on the Arizona Lottery numbers to see if I had a winner and I didn't. One of these days, though, I'll hit it BIG and invest in a real office where I can seclude myself and type away to my heart's content. Until then, I'll have to continue workin' on my computer in the bedroom.

Last weekend (I think) was the "Junk in the Trunk" market at West World in Scottsdale. We didn't go.

This weekend is the "Big Heap" Festival in Cave Creek, which appears to be about the same thing as the Junk in the Trunk deal. There'll be a bunch of old, refinished furniture, clothing, and whatever on sale for browsers to look at and buy if it catches the eye. Something like a swap meet, which I don't plan to go to.

The Wickenburg Museum always has an interesting display of fine art and artifacts featuring the Western way of life, and it's open this weekend. But, it's about thirty miles away, so we won't be going there today even though gas is gettin' cheaper.

The Heard Museum in downtown Phoenix is always a bustling place with it's Indian relics and dances, etc., but we won't be goin' there today, either.

And the Science Museum even further downtown is a terrific place to take the kids and learn all about the wind, the rain, and the weather in general. But our kids are all grown up and have itineraries of their own, so that's out today.

"Just what the dickens are you goin' to do today, Oscar?" says my conscience.  

Well, today is probably Mexican food day, so we might go eat a taco or two at Abuelos (no, that's always crowded), at Don Lencho's (no, not in the mood for that), at Macayo's (maybe), at Rio Mirage (no, too far). I guess we'll stay home and order a pizza with sausage, etc.

7 comments:

  1. That was fun. I didn't go for a walk, didn't go shopping (thankfully) and didn't go out to eat today either, didn't even order a pizza. I did watch some good football.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched most of the Cardinal game against Jacksonville and went to Don Lencho's after all..

      Delete
  2. I haven't had Mexican food in a while. I'm craving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel right unless I get a Mexican food fix now and then.

      Delete
  3. There's a long checklist of Mexican eateries here, too. I like the chile rellenos. Almost always cook at home, though, now that I'm retired. My specialty is pizza made with dough, cheese, and sauce from Trader Joe's, mushrooms and pepperoni from the local grocery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chile rellenos are just fine. We had them at Don Lencho's. Your pizza sounds good, too, but my wife doesn't care for pepperoni - too salty, she says. I like about all toppings. When I was in Oakland, I'd have a sardine pizza fairly often, yummy, but I can't eat sardines anymore.

      Delete
    2. By the way, I haven't had time to do any blog reading lately and I'll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back on it, but I know they are there and will begin catching up before too long.

      Delete