Translate

Monday, April 28, 2014

Territorial News

The newspaper, Territorial News, is distributed around to stores and Circle K's and other places and you can pick up a copy for FREE, or you can subscribe to it at the reasonable rate of $29.95 for a whole year. 

Anyway I was going through  a copy I picked up in Apache Junction yesterday and a couple of things caught my eye: The paper is running The Captivity of the Oatman Girls Among the Apache and Mohave Indians by R. B. Stratton who wrote it in 1857. This edition of the News had Chapter 2 - The Massacre: The Capture of Olive and Mary Ann.  I have this book on my shelf, so I didn't read the Chapter.

Another article was "Buffalo Bill Cody A True Legend of the West", which he was. I didn't read this one either. Anoither item was "A Previously Unknown Picture of Bill the Kid Surfaces in NM". I looked at the photo and I looked at the only known photo of Billy the Kid next to it and decided they should never have taken the trouble to run this article in my opinion. Comparing the photos, I noticed in the Unknown Picture the feller they alleged may be Billy didn't look much like the only picture of Billy, again in my opinion. The new pic of Billy and Dan Dedrick shows a young man with a pointed chin which the only pic of Billy shows his chin was broader and that's why I don't think it was Billy.

A full page ad showed that The Righteous Brother's Bill Medley; A Frankie Valli Tribute; the Little River Band; Roots and Boots; Billy Cosby; and 3 Redneck Tenors will all be making their appearance in the Valley. WOOPS! I should have looked at the dates. They've all come and gone, so that ain't goin' to help anybody git a l'il culcher. However, The Montana Guys play every Monday from 5 to 8 pm at the Hitching Post lounge on Hwy 88 E. Apache Junction. And the McNasty Brothers will be at the Mining Camp Restaurant until May 17th.

And there was an article on "Fur Trapping in Canada", which I didn't read. I don't think I'll be doin' any of that this summer or next.

A very interesting newspaper, maybe I'll subscribe or maybe not.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment