Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

Peter Bowen, Author

Open Road Media has asked me to mention Peter Bowen on my blog, that is the release of his e-books Western series. Peter Bowen is the author of the Yellowstone Kelly series and the Gabriel Du Pre mysteries. The Yellowstone Kelly novels take place in the Wild West of the 1870s. Reminiscent of Larry McMurtry's westerns, they feature a hilarious and sly witted scout whose adventures range from Buffalo hunts in the Zulu War to joining the Rough Riders with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, says the e-mail. I read at least one of of the Kelly series a long time ago, but never got around to his other writings. It must have been good in that I still remember it, but have forgotten everything else about it. I will have to venture further into the series , as I'm easily pleased and like writings with humor in them.

Anyway, here's the site of a short mini-documentary that Open Road provided  on Peter Bowen. It's funny, too, but a serious kind of funny. http://video.openroadmedia.com/nJMhj/meet-peter-bowen/  

2 comments: