Translate

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Book Sales

An anonymous donation of 2,000 Western books bolstered the supply that the friends of the Kirk-Bear Canyon Library had been collecting for its annual book sale held Saturday and Sunday. (This is from a headline on the net from a Tucson paper. The sale was 20-21 Feb, darn it! Would've liked to browse through "them" books and would have probably been there had I known about it.)

Another sale I missed again this year was the annual sale held at the fairgrounds in Phoenix that happens every year on Lincoln's Birthday or the weekend nearest to it. This year it was held Feb 13-14. Other things were more pressing at the time.

I visited the Barnes and Noble outlet in Arrowhead shopping mall recently and they ordered some copies of The Stranger from the Valley for their Western shelves. I talked to them about a possible book signing event to which they seemed amenable after the book arrives. We'll see if it happens. It'll be the first official book signing not counting the mini thing at our small condo group's annual luncheon.

I decided that a trip to Quartzite for book signing wouldn't be profitable after adding up expected expenses for gas and lunch. The prospect of any or many sales seemed pretty dim at the "naked man's" bookstore. I might have a different opinion when I have another book or two to sell giving prospective customers more options. I'll reconsider next year, if it's still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment