Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Review of The Battle for the Alamo Taqueria by Nick Iuppa and John Pesqueira

The Battle for the Alamo Taqueria is supposed to be a comical story based on today's news, and I'm not saying it isn't funny. I didn't enjoy it too well. A group of Mexicans plan a raid on the real Alamo to make a statement against the border wall. It comes about because an immigrant gets shot crossing the border illegally in South Texas.

Claudia Madero plans the invasion along with Emilio (the son of the King of Beans), as Claudia is the niece of the man who was shot. The message gets mixed up and while Claudio and Emilio head for The Alamo in San Antonio, the remainder of the invaders end up at the Alamo Taqueria a few miles on the outside of San Antonio in the midst of a wedding party.  Nacho (Francisco Alfredo Gonzalez Gonzalez Gonzalez) and  Britney Fleming, a singer and Nacho's girlfriend) are in the group heading to the Alamo Taqueria. The place is surrounded by the U.S. Marines and the President of the U.S. and El Presidente of Mexico land there and try to straighten out the mess.

Clayton Bailey, a Texan, is the culprit who shot Claudia's uncle and he also shows up at the Taqueria, (The Best Tacos in the U.S.) to finish off Nacho who stole his girlfriend (Britney).

You can see where this novel has great potential to be funny and the authors do a good job of working on it, but it didn't hit my funny bone. I'm sure most readers would enjoy it and find it comical, but I can only muster up Three Stars for it, partly because it needed a better proofing. It moves along at a brisk pace and is easy to read, though.

 

6 comments:

  1. Does sound kind of interesting - Good to see you posting. Seems like most everyone I followed for years is disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an Amazon Prime video error code that appears when there is a connection issue with Amazon's Prime Video service. Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 1007 by taking the steps outlined below, as directed by our expert experts, to obtain immediate results. Take a look at the steps as we have given in this article to resolve the error code in the most efficient manner possible. whenever if you don;t get any solution from here, We are supported by world-class and advanced engineering service engineers who work at Amazon Prime Support Number to assist customers in resolving issues from the ground up, you can connect with them via Amazon Klantenservice Bellen. Any problem that emerges in the Amazon prime video is met with a qualified solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so beautiful, I have been so busy lately about life but let me share with you all about my health life experience with the great herbal traditional doctor that saved the life of mine and my dear husband.I was suffering from a deadly disease herpes and diabetes and i went through alot trying to get better each everyday of my life until I came across a testimony on blogs someone telling good about Dr Jekawo, a traditional herbal doctor that cure all kind of disease such as: herpes,diabetes,cancer,hpv,lupus,degenerative disease also bring back ex, and other spiritual consultations, I contacted him via drjekawo@gmail.com then he pepared the herbal medicines and send to me which takes 21 days treatment that cured my diabetes and herpes completely,I'm so grateful with the help he rendered to me therefore I promised to share his great works.Thank you and I hope this could save someone else out there.
    Karen Paul
    South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete